Looking for some fresh ideas on how to add some summer fun to your club's table topics?
Look no further!
Here are few sun inspired ideas:
On the ball
Blow up a beach ball. With a sharpie marker write questions you’d like members to answer. Write a question or two on each stripe of the ball. Toss the ball around the room. Whoever catches it gives their name and answers the question under or closest to their left thumb.
Some summer related questions are:
1. What I most love/hate about summer is..
2. Describe your perfect summer day.
3. Share a favourite summertime memory.
4. What are your favourite summer activities?
5. What summer foods do you most look forward to?
6. How did you spend the summer days of your childhood?
7. Your best summer vacation was….
8. A favourite summer spot is… and why?
9. A summer memory you’d like to forget is..
10. What are your plans for this summer’s vacation?
We have also done this with quotes, and members had to talk about what the quote means to them.
Some summer quotes are:
1. “A real friend is someone who takes a winter vacation on a sun-drenched beach and does not send a card.” -Farmer’s Almanac
2. Summer afternoon - summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language. -- Henry James
3. A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
4. Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time. ~John Lubbock
5. “Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.” -- Michelle Held
6. "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun."-Unknown
7. What I like about camping is you can get really dirty. Either you're all by yourself, so no one else sees you, or everyone you're with is just as dirty as you are, so nobody cares. ~Anonymous
8. It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.-Dave Barry
9. 'I always think that the right background music is an essential part of a good barbecue" – Nero
10. "Those that say you can't take it with you never saw a car packed for a vacation trip." Anon
Wish you were here
Pass out summer photos or postcards of Tropical destinations to members.
Have each member read aloud the postcard they have written.
Have them share the details of all the fun they are having, the sights they are seeing, and what
those back home are missing out on.
It’s getting hot in here!
Go around the room and ask members to talk about "What burns me up" followed by "What cools me down."