Monday, July 4, 2011

Talking to Toastmasters - Janice Weir DTM


Janice Weir DTM
1.       Name: Janice Weir

2.       Occupation: 
Manager, Mentoring for the Canadian Youth Business Foundation. I am a Certified Human Resource Professional.

3.       Why/when did you join Toastmasters? 
I joined Toastmasters, at the suggestion of my best friend's father, who thought that I was way too shy to be the owner of my own business.  That was in 1999 and I have not looked back since.

4.       What do you most enjoy about being a Toastmaster? 
The amazing leadership opportunities and all of the wonderful people you meet and work with.


5.       How has what you have learned at Toastmasters helped you in your personal and/or professional life? 
It has given me such a level of self-confidence, that I have felt like I could take on and excel at new projects.

6.       Share a memorable Toastmaster moment.
That was when one of my Area Governors, introduced me to her Mother as the District Governor and friend that inspired her.


7.       What Toastmaster designation/s do you hold? 
DTM, and I am a past District Governor.

8.       What positions have you held in Toastmasters?
In the club: President, VP Education and VP Membership.
At the District: Area Governor, Division Governor, Public Relations Officer, Lieutenant Governor of Education and Training, District Governor and Immediate Past District Governor.
Other: Conference Committee Roles, Workshop Presenter

9.       What Toastmaster accomplishment are you most proud of?
That is hard to say, each one is the one you are most proud of at the moment, then the next one happens, and you become proud of that also.
A memorable moment was when one of the World Champion of Public Speaking commented that I was a quiet leader. It was a compliment because he noticed that I just made suggestions to people and before you knew it things were happening.

10.   What would you like to say to someone thinking about joining Toastmasters?
         It is the best decision you will ever make in your personal development  
         journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment